JQL to find parents where all subtasks are resolved

Gianni Pucciani December 13, 2016

Hello,

Is there a JQL function (native or via Script Runner) that would allow to find all the issues that have all their SubTasks resolved?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gianni

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Konstantin Mitov [Botron]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2016

Hi Gianni, 

Look at this asnwer JQL: Find all open issues of type "Issue Tracker" where all subtasks are closed or resolved

If you have script runner installed, a query like this will give you all the issues that have all their subtasks done.

issuefunction in parentsOf("type in subtaskIssueTypes()") and not issuefunction in parentsOf("resolution = Unresolved")

I tested it and it works for me.

Regards,

Konstantin

Thanks!

Like BarL likes this
2 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2016

Install scriptrunner and use the following query. 

issuefunction in parentsOf("issuefunction in subtasksOf(\"issuefunction not in parentsOf('type in subTaskIssueTypes() and status != closed')\") ")

Thanks, this works too but in my case the one by Konstanting is more readable. Working on resolution instead of status of subtasks was fine too.

Suggest an answer