JQL to find open stories containing a sub-task which is not Open?

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2013

Help on a complex (for me) JQL statement?

I need a filter to show me Open Stories that contain children sub-tasks, at least one of which is not Open.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2013

It is not possible on onDemand because it involves searching parent stories based on subtask status. On downloaded version, there are few plugin which might help.

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2013

ok, thanks!

0 votes
Deleted user September 14, 2014

There is an Add-On for JIRA On-Demand, that has the requested functionality - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jql-pro

See the screenshot - you can choose the Subtask status. It will return you the list of parent issues. Then you can use the keys of the parent issues to filter them with the native JQL.

Screen Shot 2014-09-14 at 8.14.39 PM.png

0 votes
Marissa McWaters February 26, 2013

Wouldn't this work?

type = story AND issue in subtask("status != open")

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2013

thanks, but ondemand says: "Unable to find JQL function 'subtask(status != open)'."

Like b-pos465 likes this
RJ Bates March 8, 2016

@Marissa McWaters What plugin do you have that gives you the subtask JQL function?

Suggest an answer