JQL to find last status

Hi.  I need a filter to show issues that transition from one status to another (the business team needs to know when an issue comes in their queue if it came from the normal approval or if it was rejected back up to them, since each require different actions).

The workflow goes 'New'->'Open'->'In Review'->'In Approval'->'Closed'... if an issue is rejected while 'In Approval' it goes back to 'In Review'.

Is it possible to write JQL so the team knows if the issue came into 'In Review' from 'Open' or from 'In-Approval'?

I tried...

project = ITCM AND status changed from "In Approval" to "In Review" and status = "In Review"

but... when an issue is rejected back to 'In Review' it can be sent back to 'Open' if more information is needed.  Then, the issue will move from Open to In Review again.  My filter above catches these because that status transition has happened in the lifecycle but I don't want those reported. 

So, is there a why to use JQL to get the last status or the last transition?  Then, I could write 2 filters one where issues go from 'Open->In Review' and one where issues went from 'In Approval->In Review'.

Any help is appriecated.

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes

Hi Mike,

I believe we could achieve this by creating a separate filter for the issues that went from "In Review" to Open and remove the results of this filter from the original filter, like the following.

Filter 1:

status changed from "In Review" to Open

Filter 2:

project = ITCM AND status changed from "In Approval" to "In Review" and status = "In Review" and NOT filter = <filter 1 id>

We just need to get the ID for the filter 1 from the URL and replace it on the last part of the filter above.

Hope this helps

Thanks Marcus that worked!!!!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

311 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you