JQL to find issues that do not have a specific field

rsud March 24, 2014

We are implementing a rudimentary traceability matrix and are looking to establish the following link:

A custom field called Requirements ID (implemented as a List), filled in for every issue (in the form of a Zephyr test).

I am looking to prepare a filter which would give me a list of all Requirements IDs - even the ones that have not been associated with an issue (test).

In other words I am looking to seek the Requirements that do or do not have tests associated with them.

For instance, if I have 3 requirements ID (A, B, C) and 2 issues (1,2) that only correspond to requirements A, I am looking for the following output:

A|1,2

B|<Blank>

C|<Blank>

4 answers

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2014

Why don't you just use a built-in pie chart???

jql = Requirements ID is not empty -- generate ap ie chart and the issues which don't have it will have the value irrelevant.

0 votes
Conor Crowley March 24, 2014

It sounds like you are looking for a report more than a single search. You could use the single level group report available in the projects list. This will output lists of issues under eachrequirement ID so

A

This will likely still fail to meet your requirements as it will not show empty IDs.

0 votes
rsud March 24, 2014

That, unfortunately, didn't do it. I am trying to cross-reference the Requirements ID against Key. Requirements ID is a list. I am looking to output all the Requirements ID against the corresponding issues (key). There could be Requirements ID in the list that do not, yet, have corresponding issues.

0 votes
Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

Have you tried "is EMPTY", for instance "ourField is EMPTY "?

Suggest an answer