JQL to find issues that do not have a specific field

We are implementing a rudimentary traceability matrix and are looking to establish the following link:

A custom field called Requirements ID (implemented as a List), filled in for every issue (in the form of a Zephyr test).

I am looking to prepare a filter which would give me a list of all Requirements IDs - even the ones that have not been associated with an issue (test).

In other words I am looking to seek the Requirements that do or do not have tests associated with them.

For instance, if I have 3 requirements ID (A, B, C) and 2 issues (1,2) that only correspond to requirements A, I am looking for the following output:

A|1,2

B|<Blank>

C|<Blank>

4 answers

1 vote
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Mar 24, 2014

Why don't you just use a built-in pie chart???

jql = Requirements ID is not empty -- generate ap ie chart and the issues which don't have it will have the value irrelevant.

Have you tried "is EMPTY", for instance "ourField is EMPTY "?

That, unfortunately, didn't do it. I am trying to cross-reference the Requirements ID against Key. Requirements ID is a list. I am looking to output all the Requirements ID against the corresponding issues (key). There could be Requirements ID in the list that do not, yet, have corresponding issues.

It sounds like you are looking for a report more than a single search. You could use the single level group report available in the projects list. This will output lists of issues under eachrequirement ID so

A

This will likely still fail to meet your requirements as it will not show empty IDs.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

110 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you