JQL to find issues in projects with either a given Issue Type Scheme or Workflow Scheme

Gabriel Bauman June 13, 2017

We have some Jira Agile boards that cover more than one project.

The boards only make sense in the context of projects that make use of a certain Workflow Scheme (and Issue Type Scheme).

Currently we have to manually add projects to each of these board's backing queries. It would be nice if that step were not necessary.

Is it possible in JQL to select issues in projects with a certain Workflow or Issue Type scheme?

We are using JIRA Cloud and JIRA Agile Cloud.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2017

Hi Gabriel,

There isn't a JQL search for Workflow or Issue Type scheme.  You would need to find that information in the database. 

I see that you are using a Cloud instance.  In that case you would not have access to the database, however, that is where you would need to go in order to retreive the information you're looking for. 

In light of the above information, one of the Cloud engineers may be able to pull this information for you depending on your instance.  You would need to put in a ticket with the Cloud team and they will be able to provide more information in regards to whether or not they can retrieve that information from the database.

Cheers,

Branden

Gabriel Bauman June 13, 2017

Is there any project-specific thing I can select issues based on? Just looking for a way to work around this issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2017

I don't think "ask support every time I want to run a query" is a good solution myself.  It's good as a one-off investigative task, but there's every change you'll want to add projects with similar schemes.  Sorry Brendan.

Apart from the two possibilites I suggested already, your mention of "project specific thing" triggered a third one.

If you were to categorise your projects, then there's a really easy search which moves with your config.  It's simply "category = X"

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2017

No, workflow and issue type scheme are project attributes, not issue elements, and hence they're not searchable with JQL

You will need to find or write a JQL function that can get to those settings, or add a couple of custom fields which you set on the issue creation (and don't need to put on any screens)