JQL to determine how much effort was spent on all issues added to a sprint

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

As an on-demand user, is there JQL that can get me closer to what I need? How do others support tihs need?

For a given sprint, I want to know how much effort (time spent) was used on issues that were added to the sprint. In my case, production support - I want to monitor the amount of unplanned work entering the sprint and be able to adjust my buffer accordingly, each sprint in order to leave enough padding to handle critical production support incidents. Essentially, be able to predict a bit better as to how much my buffer should be each sprint based on past sprints.

I can show the '<sum>time spent' column on the result from the below query, but this includes all hours on the issue.

What I really need is to query this lot of issues and sum the time spent (work logs) against days between Mar 29-Apr 12.

project in (proj1, proj2) AND issuetype in ("PS Incident") AND sprint in (86) AND updatedDate &gt; 2013-03-29 AND updatedDate &lt;= 2013-04-12

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2013

Hi Paul,

Why not use the burndown chart instead of doing a manual query? You should be able to see the time spent via work log in the report.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH060/Viewing+the+Burndown+Chart

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Alex

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

You're correct, Alexandra. Much easier. I wanted to see how complicated I could make it, I guess :-0.

Suggest an answer