JQL searches for "status Changed From" and "status Changed To" aren't working

Brandon Hite November 12, 2019

I've read multiple Atlassian posts and Stack Overflow posts, copying and pasting the exact searches as well as tweaking them a bit to fit our project keys and whatnot, and I cannot get this to work. For example, everything I've read suggests this search should return all issues where their status changed from the "QA" status to the "CLOSED" status since September 1, 2019:

`project = xxxxx AND status CHANGED FROM "QA" TO "CLOSED" during (2019-09-01, 2019-11-12)`

However, this repeatedly returns 0 results. I've manually found issues that have a line in their Activity log showing this status transition within that date range, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. We're on Jira Cloud, using next-gen.

1 answer

3 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2019

Hi @Brandon Hite ,

You are facing the bug tracked in our system as:

We also have a more generic bug ticket open for the same issue (not restricted to next-gen projects):

Please vote for the above bug tickets and set yourself as a watcher so that you will be notified in case of any update/progress. The bugs will be addressed according to the Atlassian Cloud bug fixing policy.

Cheers,
Dario

Nico August 4, 2021

Hi already voted for the two of bugs you mentioned Dario, but even I receive results for issues CHANGED FROM "To Be Verified" TO "Done" during a period of time (JQL pretty similar to the first post) I don't receive any results for Issues which status CHANGED FROM "To Be Verified" To "In Progress"

This query works:
project = XXX AND status CHANGED FROM "To Be Verified" TO "Done" DURING (2021-06-30,2021-08-04)

This query does not work:
project = XXX AND status CHANGED FROM "To Be Verified" TO "IN PROGRESS" DURING (2021-06-30,2021-08-04)

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 5, 2021

Hi @Nico ,

Can you let us know whether you are using a Company or a Team managed project? 

Also, have you tried the workaround detailed in below community thread:

Nico August 10, 2021

Hi Dario, sorry for the late response. First time it was not clear to me the workaround, but now I read it carefully and it worked using Statuses ids. 

The query it works is the  following (at least according to my Statutes configuration):

project = Hemoder-PBM AND status changed from 5 to 10011 ORDER BY created DESC

Where 5 is  To Be Verified and 10011 is In Progress

Thank you very much @Dario B 

Like # people like this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2021

You are very welcome @Nico ! 

I was afraid the workaround was somehow not working anymore, or something similar :) 

Like Nico likes this

Suggest an answer