JQL search on children

Stéphane Genin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

Hi,

I would like to find all issues that have children subtasks in a specific status, and also all issues that don't have children in a specific status.

Is it feasible with the default JQL features, or shall I develop my own plugin?

Thanks

Stéphane

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

It is not feasible with the default search. JQL Tricks plugin has a subtask method to do this but to warn you, it is a commercial plugin.

0 votes
Filipe February 25, 2014

Hi,

Try if

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pt.lt.lfcribeiro.jira.jqlLTFunctions

Solves your problem, nevertheless it will let you run SQL functions using executeQuery()

Regards,

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2012

You may want to look at look the following plugin. It is only tested up to version 4.4.5 but it might be easier to bring a plugin up to a version level verses writing the logic.

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/org.craftforge.jira.craftforge-jql-functions-plugin

•issue in/not in parentIssuesFromFilter("filter name or its id")- finds all parents of subtasks found by specified saved filter
•issue in/not in subtaskIssuesFromFilter ("filter name or its id")- finds all parents of subtasks found by specified saved filter
•issue in/not in parentIssuesFromQuery("JQL query") - finds all parents of subtasks found by specified specified query
•issue in/not in subtaskIssuesFromQuery("JQL query") - finds all parents of subtasks found by specified specified query

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2012

Just checked to see what issues this plugin might have open and it looks like it is being upgraded to support 5.X and claims to being released today.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2012

I noticed that the craftforge plugin is now uploaded to the support Jira 5.X now.

Suggest an answer