Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

JQL result and velocity report do not match values

Looking into past sprint velocity report I get a total of 74SP done, but when filtering using JQL I get 72 SP.
How is velocity calculated for velocity report? Which tickets I might be missing?

Query used:
project = {myProject} AND Sprint = {old sprint} AND resolutiondate >= "2022/01/01" AND resolutiondate <= "2022/01/31" AND issuetype in (Story)

To calculate I did export it as excel file, and applied the SUM function.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

The Velocity Chart reports on the total of story points for completed issues at the moment the Sprint was Completed. If the story points for an issue are subsequently changed, the Velocity Chart WILL NOT be updated to reflect that change.

It is possible that the story points on one of the completed issues was changed.

It is also possible that an issue completed in that sprint was reopened, and is either still open or was resolved again outside of the date range you specified.

At the bottom of the Velocity Chart is a list of the Sprints included in it. You can click on the link for the sprint to drill into the details of the issues it included, which were completed, and what their story point values were at that time. You can compare that to the output of your query to determine if something is missing.

Suggest an answer