JQL "WAS IN" operators doesn't work

William JUTEAU December 22, 2014

Hello

According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Advanced+Searching I want to create a filter with this JQL syntax that should work :

status WAS IN ('Resolved', 'Closed') BY wjuteau DURING ("2014/11/01","2014/11/30")) ORDER BY priority DESC

But it seems that the WAS IN function doesn't allow such BY or DURING parameters.

"WAS" operator allows them :

(status WAS Closed BY wjuteau during ("2014/11/01","2014/11/30")) OR (status WAS Resolved BY wjuteau during ("2014/11/01","2014/11/30")) ORDER BY priority DESC

Can you please acknowledge this is a bug or explain where I'm wrong ?

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Amy Biasella
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2014

You have an extra closing parenthesis in the first query. 

What specific error are you getting? I've reproduced the query and it works fine on my instance. (6.1.2)

0 votes
William JUTEAU December 26, 2014

Hello Amy,

Yes sorry about that extra character.

Actually it seems that the JQL works, but the syntax checker of the request displays the yellow warning, attesting the there is an error in the query. Also starting to type : status WAS IN ('Resolved', 'Closed') ... it doesn't propose the BY or DURING or any other keyword

Thanks

Suggest an answer