JQL query to find all the parents that answering subquery regardig their sub-tasks

Bar Mutayn September 16, 2018

Hello,

I have issue type called - 'Requirement', this issue type includes sub-tasks called 'Sub-Requirements'. In these sub-tasks, I use the 'Table Grid Editor' add-on to add more information, such as version name, status, parameters...

I'm looking for JQL that will show me only issue type of 'Requirement' for which there is a 'Sub-Requirement' containing in their table grid version called '123'.

I tried the following JQL but it's not working:

issuetype = Requirement and issueFunction in parentsOf(issue in grid("Table Grid Editor_Test", "ifixversion= '123'"))

Just to clarify:

The name of my table grid editor is: 'Table Grid Editor_Test', the name of the version field is: ifixversion, and the name of the version is: 123.

Thanks in advanced,

Bar Mutayn

1 answer

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 16, 2018

Hi Bar,

I'm part of the team building the table grid editor.

• What is the jql 'issue in grid("Table Grid Editor_Test", "ifixversion= '123'")' returning?
    Is it what you expect
  • Can you also check if the jql 
    'issuetype = Requirement and issueFunction in parentsOf(ABC-123)' where the ABC-123 is a sub-requirement?

Francis

Bar Mutayn September 16, 2018

Hello Francis,

Thank you for your replay.

I tried the following JQL: project= 'Bundle Bar' and issuetype = Requirement and issueFunction in parentsOf(BUNBAR-244), which 'BUNBAR-244' is a Sub-Requirement, but I get this error: 

• Error in scripted function: parentsOf, see below
  • NoViableAltException(-1@[])

--------------------------------

Regarding table grid JQL - I want to get all the issues (Sub-Requirement) that have the '123' version name in the column called 'ifixversion' in the their table grid.

Thanks,

Bar Mutayn

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2018

Regarding the JQL

project= 'Bundle Bar' and issuetype = Requirement and issueFunction in parentsOf(BUNBAR-244)

You will have to bring this under the attention of atlassian and/or adaptavist

Bar Mutayn September 17, 2018

But it worked that way:

project= 'Bundle Bar' and issuetype = Requirement and issueFunction in parentsOf("issuekey=BUNBAR-244")

Bar Mutayn September 26, 2018

Hi Francis,

Do you have an answer for me regarding the table grid search?

Thanks,

Bar Mutayn

francis
Marketplace Partner
September 26, 2018

And what is following query returning

issue in grid("Table Grid Editor_Test", "ifixversion= '123'")

I'm getting the Sub-requirement (Sub-task) issues, but I want to get their parents (=requirement).

I tried the following JQL:

issueFunction in parentsOf("issuefunction in subtasksOf(\"issue in grid('Table Grid Editor_Test', 'ifixversion= 'i420' and istatus= 'N'')\")")

To search for the parent issues whose their sub-tasks meet the internal sub-query, but it also didn't work...

Bar Mutayn September 29, 2018

I also have tried the following jql but I get an error:

issuefunction in parentsOf("issue in grid(\"'Table Grid Editor_Test' , 'iFixVersion= 'i420''\")")

Do you know why?

francis
Marketplace Partner
September 29, 2018

Can you detail out the error and send it to support.tge@idalko.com.  We'll take it from there.

Francis

Suggest an answer