JQL query showing open tickets but, give closed results

Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2015

Helo,

I know I saw a fix for this a while ago but, I cannot find it. I was looking into doing certain queries in my project like this:

project = "myproject" and component = "this" OR component = "that" OR component = " there" AND resolution = Unresolved AND created > -1w AND status = open

but, I'm getting tickets that are either resolved and closed in the results.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2015

You need to use brackets if you use "OR"

project = "myproject" and (component = "this" OR component = "that" OR component = " there") AND resolution = Unresolved AND created > -1w AND status = open

Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2015

thank you that fixed it :)

0 votes
RobertH
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2015

Try wrapping everything with an or in parentheses.  Example:

project = "myproject" and (component = "this" OR component = "that" OR component = " there") AND resolution = Unresolved AND created > -1w AND status = open

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2015

Also the resolution field are set as fixed for the closed ones.

Suggest an answer