JQL query for finding issues with link type "depends on" that link to issues from other projects

flaimo May 28, 2021

Currently I am using this JQL query (in combination with Scriptrunner) to get issues that are linked to other issues using the link type "depends on":

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("statusCategory!=Done", "depends on")

This also finds issues where the link is between issues of the same project. What I am looking for is a way to only find issues with depends on links, that link to an issue of another project, without explicitly having to name the project keys in the query (since they can change all the time). My goal is to find out/visualize cross team dependencies.

1 answer

0 votes
Patty Land
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2021

@flaimo try this:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project != 'Project A' and statuscategory != Done", "has to be done before")

If you are monitoring this from a program perspective instead of from Project A's perspective, it might instead look like:

project = "Project A" and issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project != 'Project A' and statuscategory != Done", "has to be done before") or project = "Project B" and issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project != 'Project B' and statuscategory != Done", "has to be done before") or project = "Project C" and issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project != 'Project C' and statuscategory != Done", "has to be done before")

Suggest an answer