JQL query - development section, commits related to a JIRA issue

e May 6, 2015

Hello,

In JIRA UI we can see a “development” section with very interesting data:

I want to be able to run queries that also access this data.

More specifically, what I want to be able to do now is run a query to find resolved tickets that do not have a commit related directly to them.

Is it possible via JQL?
Thanks. 

3 answers

0 votes
khanh nguyen June 5, 2017

Have you tried using . . .

issue.property[development].commits

or sample JQL. . . .

project = ABCXYZ AND issue.property[development].commits < 1

Manjunatha K R June 5, 2017

Hi Khanh,

Yes, we are using issue.property[development].commits > 0 to verify whether Jira issues is linked with commit info or not before closing it in our JQL query - it's working perfectly right.

But in extension to this, is it possible to get the SVN branch name in which commit has been done?

when we click 2 commits, it gives one pop window and shows the Repository names, Author, commit id, commit Message and Branch details, Date, Files, etc(Please refer the attached snapshot for the same) - in which we would like to check which are all branches the Jira issue work has been committed.

And also is this possible to check the review status i,e Open, Closed using JQL query along with commit branch info details?

The below is the sample "Development" info linked against one of my Jira issue::

Development ::

2 commits

Latest 20/Apr/17 12:15 PM

1 review Closed

Updated 20/Apr/17 11:34 AM  

2 commits.PNG

Like Bill Raub likes this
Bill Raub November 30, 2018

Did this ever get solved? I'm looking for this exact solution as well.

Omar Ahmed June 11, 2019

I am looking for it too but read somewhere thats it not possible as this information is not stored within JIRA itself but actually fetched from repository when the ticket is opened. There is an issue On JIRA thats gathering interest that is related to this feature though:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-64130

0 votes
aligntechsupport May 6, 2015

I see

Thank you!

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2015

Hi ET

This is not possible in a plain JIRA instance.

You could try something with this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.kintosoft.jira.subversion-plus

But that's only for subversion.

Best regards,

Peter

Manjunatha K R November 24, 2016

Hi Peter,

I tried this, but didn't able to get the JIRA issues list in my project having commits info as part of their Development section of the JIRA issues.

As I am using SVN, it should be OK to use this add-on.

• Manju

Suggest an answer