JQL query - development section, commits related to a JIRA issue

Hello,

In JIRA UI we can see a “development” section with very interesting data:

I want to be able to run queries that also access this data.

More specifically, what I want to be able to do now is run a query to find resolved tickets that do not have a commit related directly to them.

Is it possible via JQL?
Thanks. 

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi ET

This is not possible in a plain JIRA instance.

You could try something with this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.kintosoft.jira.subversion-plus

But that's only for subversion.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

I tried this, but didn't able to get the JIRA issues list in my project having commits info as part of their Development section of the JIRA issues.

As I am using SVN, it should be OK to use this add-on.

• Manju

I see

Thank you!

Have you tried using . . .

issue.property[development].commits

or sample JQL. . . .

project = ABCXYZ AND issue.property[development].commits < 1

Hi Khanh,

Yes, we are using issue.property[development].commits > 0 to verify whether Jira issues is linked with commit info or not before closing it in our JQL query - it's working perfectly right.

But in extension to this, is it possible to get the SVN branch name in which commit has been done?

when we click 2 commits, it gives one pop window and shows the Repository names, Author, commit id, commit Message and Branch details, Date, Files, etc(Please refer the attached snapshot for the same) - in which we would like to check which are all branches the Jira issue work has been committed.

And also is this possible to check the review status i,e Open, Closed using JQL query along with commit branch info details?

The below is the sample "Development" info linked against one of my Jira issue::

Development ::

2 commits

Latest 20/Apr/17 12:15 PM

1 review Closed

Updated 20/Apr/17 11:34 AM  

2 commits.PNG

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

54 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you