JQL parser

Talk About September 24, 2013

Hi guys,

from what I have found there seem to be various possibilities to parse jql statements in java. What I would need is the same functionality but with the rest api. Nice would be something like an associative array with the clauses, values, operators... as the keys and values in this array. Maybe somebody knows if this is possible already... otherwise I would have to implement that by mysqlf, but it seems to be a lot of work :)

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote

Ah :)

In fact this is not exactly what I want to achieve. The jql search is fine, I am using it already and it works. What I need is a possibility to transform a jql search string into an object. As an example lets take this jql string:

assignee=currentUser() AND issuekey IN (ISS123, ISS234, ISS345)

from this I need to create something like

{

query:

{

operator : "AND",

fields : [

{

name : "assignee",

comparator: "=",

value : "currentUser()"

},

{

name : "issuekey",

comparator : "IN",

values : [

"ISS123",

"ISS234",

"ISS345"

]

}

]

}

}

to have detailed information on a jql query that I can use in my application. Something like that is possible with the java api, but I haven't found a way to do this through the rest api.

Christian Kadner October 19, 2017

@Talk About-- I am also interested in this. Did you ever find a solution to parse a JQL query and convert it into a structured object representation or something like JSON?

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

Hi rambanam,

thanks for your answer, but unfortunately I didn't get you. Your url shows the rest api but not a special endpoint, can you please elaborate what you wanted to point out?

Thanks!

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

if you want to jql search using rest then you can try like this

/rest/api/2/search?jql=assignee=prasad

check here some exmple script are there

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+API+Example+-+Query+issues

let me know if it does't help and give me some sample what you want to try

Suggest an answer