JQL or SQL to get list of JIRA projects which don't have Bug issue type created in it.

Suchit Kharatmol July 13, 2017

Hi Team,

We want to get list of JIRA projects which don't have Bug issue type created in it.

Could you please help us on this.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Suchit Kharatmol

2 answers

0 votes
Suchit Kharatmol July 13, 2017

Hi Nic,

Thank you so much for your quick response!

I mean the second one 

• The project does allow for Bugs, but no-one has created any yet

You are correct Nic,I tried the solution suggested by you but it not an ideal one.For example blank filter will only show the list of projects in which at least one issue is created.This created issue may be of any type.

So in this case it is not listing the list of projects with no issue created in it on two dimensional statistics gadget.

Appreciate your help!

Please let me know if you can help me with any other alternative solution.

Thanks,

Suchit Kharatmol

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2017

JQL is not built to return a negative, you'd need to get the full list of projects and then subtract the ones that do have bugs in them from it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

I'd like to clarify the question, as it might mean one of two things.

Do you mean:

• The project does not have the Bug issue type assoicated with it
  • The project does allow for Bugs, but no-one has created any yet

With the second one, you can do it, although it's not ideal.  Run a filter for everything (a blank filter!).  Save it, then create a new dashboard with a "2 dimensional filter results".  This should use your filter, and the axes should be "project" and "issue type".  You can then scan the "bug" column for 0s.

Note that will ignore empty projects. 

Suggest an answer