JQL on work logged

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2013

Hi There

Is there a way to get a list of JIRA issues with work logged on a specific date ?

I use JIRA 5.1.3, 5.2.4 and 6.0.4. I can't afford a plugin for this.

Thanks, Vishnu.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2013
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2013

It doesn't help me. But thanks for the answer.

Like mahdielmasaoudi likes this
5 votes
Deleted user July 10, 2015

Hey Vishnu, 

Assuming you have the most recent version of Jira, the following should work for you...

Today:

worklogDate = endOfDay()

Specific date:

worklogDate = "2015/07/10"

Note: Valid formats include: 'YYYY/MM/DD', 'YYYY-MM-DD', or a period format e.g. '-5d', '4w 2d'.

Hope this helps smile

Madhusudhana Komminane May 8, 2016

Hi Carl

How can i get the work log time on that particular day , from the above script i am only getting the total of the work log for a particular task

i am looking for the actual work for the specified date, can any one provide info on this.

Thanks 

Asael Sepúlveda May 22, 2016

Did you find a way to do this? I need it too

NantMobile DevOps September 22, 2016

I also would like to find out. Custom field maybe the answer to filter out the specified date portion.

1 vote
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2014

Hi Vishnu,

On JIRA 6.4, it will be possible to filter by worklogDate on the JQL queries:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40973

Cheers,

Danilo

Susan Nguyen September 3, 2020

Looks like ticket JRA-40973 didn't fix the issue. We want to be able to get the hours logged on the worklogDate provided in the JQL but the results give the total logged hours via field "Time Spent" on the Jira item. Ticket JRA-40973 did not fix the issue. 

Please look at all the previous comments and the comments in ticket JRA-40973. 

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2015

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question