JQL for more than one fixversion

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

Does anyone know how to locate any issue that has more than one fixversion assigned?

6 answers

2 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

You could use the Script Runner plugin and create a scripted field like this

return ((issue?.fixVersions?.size())?:0) as Double

Use a number searcher and the number template for this scripted field. And than use this field within your JQL to find issue where your scripted field > 1. I think you have to reindex at least the issues you are querying before this, you could use a builtin script from Script Runner to reindex all issues of a project or a filter result.

Henning

1 vote
zihro July 6, 2020

I've found a solution without installing a plugin here:

fixVersion <= earliestUnreleasedVersion() AND fixVersion > earliestUnreleasedVersion()

if you google it deeply, you will find  it here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Questions/Advanced-search-check-for-multiple-values-in-fix-version/qaq-p/141663

Brecht Seys March 30, 2021

While this is definitely helpful, it wouldn't find items with multiple versions in the future (that would be twice > earliestUnreleasedVersion() )

1 vote
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2013

To clarify, I want to find issues that have more than one fixversion, regardless of the fixversion. We're trying locate these because we need to remove the additional fixversions so that we can start to enforce having only one fixversion.

I actually was going to export all my issues (which are ~ 10,000) and sort fixversion in Excel to find them or do a column to text with a comma separate to find them, but the excel export only supports 1000. Thus, my need for trying to use JQL to narrow it down.

Liz_Pat December 19, 2018

i have the same question

0 votes
BernardH July 2, 2020

I think what the original post said is show me all issues that have multiple  FixVersions. Not look for all issues in FixVersion1 and FixVersion2 but any instance where any issue has multiple fixVersions.

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2013

If you are looking for issues that have both the fixVersions, try:

fixVersion = '1' AND fixVersion = '3'

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 8, 2013

Replacing, 1 and 3 with the actual fix versions, of course. :P

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2013

Hi Karie,

Try something like:

project = YOURPROJECTKEY AND fixVersion in ("6.0.5","6.0.1")

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Suggest an answer