JQL for any task related to a project within a swimlane

JD Lobue September 30, 2019

I'm looking for a way to pull in any issuetype from a different project than the one that I am creating a swimlane for within a swimlane. Project and Epic are under one project and Task is under a different project.

Help appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2019

Hello @JD Lobue

Thank you for reaching out.

I'm not sure if I clearly understand what you are trying to achieve, but it seems you are trying to configure a board swimlane to return in separated swimlanes the tasks of a different project and the Epic of the current project. Is it correct?

In case I have not understood your request, could you please provide us with more details and screenshots so we can clearly understand your requirements?

In case I have fully understood your request, you can follow the steps below to properly return the information you want in different swimlanes of the board:

- Navigate to your project board > Click in the three dots menu (...) menu at the top-right corner of the board > Board settings > Swimlanes

- Select the swimlanes to be based in JQL queries and set the queries to return the information as you want, including other project issues:

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 15.26.09.png

P.S: To display issues from other projects, you must also the board filter under board settings > General

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer