It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JQL for any task related to a project within a swimlane

I'm looking for a way to pull in any issuetype from a different project than the one that I am creating a swimlane for within a swimlane. Project and Epic are under one project and Task is under a different project.

Help appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @JD Lobue

Thank you for reaching out.

I'm not sure if I clearly understand what you are trying to achieve, but it seems you are trying to configure a board swimlane to return in separated swimlanes the tasks of a different project and the Epic of the current project. Is it correct?

In case I have not understood your request, could you please provide us with more details and screenshots so we can clearly understand your requirements?

In case I have fully understood your request, you can follow the steps below to properly return the information you want in different swimlanes of the board:

- Navigate to your project board > Click in the three dots menu (...) menu at the top-right corner of the board > Board settings > Swimlanes

- Select the swimlanes to be based in JQL queries and set the queries to return the information as you want, including other project issues:

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 15.26.09.png

P.S: To display issues from other projects, you must also the board filter under board settings > General

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you