JQL for announcements

Majken Connor December 15, 2016

I'd like to use a filter subscription somehow to send a "digest" of issues that some member of the team would like to notify the rest of the team about. The idea is to send them in a batch, rather than one email per issue. This would be things like "btw, I chanaged the name of this project" or "I added this custom field". 

If it were possible to filter on the day a field was changed, adding a label would work, but if we used a label then someone would have to remove the label again or it would be included in the next batch.

This is for a server instance so an add-on that could do this for us would be fine.

2 answers

0 votes
Majken Connor January 10, 2017

Thinking about this, let's assume I use a label:

If I set it up to send at a specific time of day, I could use scriptrunner to remove the labels at a specific time as well, after the batch would have been sent. So send batch at midnight, remove labels at 00:10.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2016

I think that JQL will not help you, You need some service to analisze all changes a day and send respective emails.

Suggest an answer