JQL for Updated Date > Closed Date

Rob B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Users want to filter issues that have a 'greater' updated date to the closed/resolved date.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

Hi Robert,

with plain Jira, this is not possible. If you have the Scriptrunner app, you can do the following:

issueFunction in dateCompare("", "updated > resolutionDate")
Rob B
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Hi Thomas,

I need the 'Updated' date as follows....

updated.jpg

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2018

you asked for the filter - with that filter you get a table of issues. Which columns you want to see is your decision then.

Rob B
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2018

It seems also to be pulling off issues that have the same 'Updated' as 'Resolved' date?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2018

I think the datecompare function also compares the time portion of the datetime. Is this the cause in your example?

Rob B
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2018

Some have the exact same date and time to the minute, if those issue werent in the list it would be perfect.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- - is Scriptrunner comparing seconds also?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 21, 2018

I believe it compares the whole timestamp it gets from the database, so yes it would, although I didn't think Jira bothers to save seconds.

Rob B
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2018

Im trying to run this when we have 1.3 million issues and this is timing out i think, so im combining it with JQL with no luck.

Do you have any advice on helping the time out problem? Thanks

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 22, 2018

How did you combine it with JQL? Maybe it makes a difference if you add the additional JQL before or after the datacompare.

Rob B
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2018

created >= -10d AND issueFunction in dateCompare("", "updated > resolutionDate")

I just tried the created after it with no luck as well. I thought it being first would help :(

Helle Overbeck August 29, 2018

Hi

I just had a similar experience - but when I put all the parameters into the datecompare, then it ran a lot faster (by me). Try this:

issueFunction in dateCompare("created >= -10d","updated > resolutionDate")

Suggest an answer