JQL for Radio Button Custom Field

James Rowland November 7, 2012

I have created a custom radio button field to store the customer severity but for the life of me cannot figure out the JQL to find particular value.

Here is the first option in my custom field "1 - Production application down or major malfunction resulting in majority of users unable to perform their normal functions (Initial response within 1 hour)"

I was hoping to write a JQL like: "Customer Severity" = "1" but I get an error "The option '1' for field 'Customer Severity' does not exist."

Is what I am trying to do possible?

James

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2012

You need to use the whole option. i.e. "Customer Severity" = "1 - Production application down or major malfunction resulting in majority of users unable to perform their normal functions (Initial response within 1 hour)"

Jannik Luyten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

I am trying to write a searcher for a select custom field that has no options configured. When the select is shown upon issue creation, a rest call is made to grab some (a lot) of values, and through javascript the select is then populated. Afterwards the value is stored (in the form of a custom object), and shown as a text value (e.g. object.getFirstName() + ", " + object.getLastName())

Is it possible to search for these values? Because I am having a horrible time trying to get this to work...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2013
What is wrong with the standard searcher for radio buttons?
Jannik Luyten
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

The field is a select custom field :-) I answered in this thread because of the identical error I get. Have searched all over the place to no success.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2013

Then the original answer applies - you're searching for the wrong string.

Re-reading what you've written though - you say you're populating the select list via javascript and storing the selection as a text value - that actually sounds like nonesense to me. Jira expects its select lists (and radio buttons) to be populated with options, not strings (at least since version 4.something), so if you are storing them like this, then you're either using a plugin to provide a hacked field type (why?) or your plumbing in data which Jira is actually losing because the built-in fields simply do not work like that.

I think we need more detail on your field and what it's really doing!

Suggest an answer