JQL for Radio Button Custom Field

I have created a custom radio button field to store the customer severity but for the life of me cannot figure out the JQL to find particular value.

Here is the first option in my custom field "1 - Production application down or major malfunction resulting in majority of users unable to perform their normal functions (Initial response within 1 hour)"

I was hoping to write a JQL like: "Customer Severity" = "1" but I get an error "The option '1' for field 'Customer Severity' does not exist."

Is what I am trying to do possible?

James

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

You need to use the whole option. i.e. "Customer Severity" = "1 - Production application down or major malfunction resulting in majority of users unable to perform their normal functions (Initial response within 1 hour)"

I am trying to write a searcher for a select custom field that has no options configured. When the select is shown upon issue creation, a rest call is made to grab some (a lot) of values, and through javascript the select is then populated. Afterwards the value is stored (in the form of a custom object), and shown as a text value (e.g. object.getFirstName() + ", " + object.getLastName())

Is it possible to search for these values? Because I am having a horrible time trying to get this to work...

What is wrong with the standard searcher for radio buttons?

The field is a select custom field :-) I answered in this thread because of the identical error I get. Have searched all over the place to no success.

Then the original answer applies - you're searching for the wrong string.

Re-reading what you've written though - you say you're populating the select list via javascript and storing the selection as a text value - that actually sounds like nonesense to me. Jira expects its select lists (and radio buttons) to be populated with options, not strings (at least since version 4.something), so if you are storing them like this, then you're either using a plugin to provide a hacked field type (why?) or your plumbing in data which Jira is actually losing because the built-in fields simply do not work like that.

I think we need more detail on your field and what it's really doing!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

351 views 1 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you