JQL filter by 'Changed by'

Luca Andreatta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012

Hi,

I was trying to search the modifications made by a specified user using a JQL.

I see that there is the function CHANGED BY, but I can use it only for few fields.

I there something that I can use, like searching in the history?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2012

That and "WAS" are the only operators which helps you search in history. As you said it is not supported for all fields but for most. What exactly are you missing out?

Luca Andreatta
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2012

WAS can be used in the same few fields of CHANGED (Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution and Status).

I wanted something like:

What issues have been modified by USER?

Or, at least:

What issues have the description modified by USER?

...it would be usefull also to search in the commets like:

What are the issues which have a comment by USER?

It is possible to write a plugin to do that? Or there are already plugins that do it?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2012

A usual tactic is to use the Participants custom field from JIRA Toolkit plugin. You can then search all isues where a user was a participant.

JQL Tricks plugin provides methods to search issues where comment or worklogs were added.

Suggest an answer