JQL documentation on development property.

John Chesshir October 4, 2019

When writing a JQL query, I tried "development is not empty", which didn't work, but gave me a great message, "The 'development' field requires a subscript and a property name, e.g. Development[pullrequests].all. Available subscripts are: pullrequests, commits, reviews, builds, deployments, branches."

I also found a suggestion to use development like this:

development[commits].all > 0

This certainly does yield a lot of results.  Unfortunately, it gives too many, so I need to be able to refine my search better.

So a couple of questions: Most importantly, where can I find more comprehensive documentation on querying by the development field set?

Second and more specifically, how can I query to find commits linked to a certain git repository?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @John Chesshir,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

You can find more information about searching the development fields here, Advanced searching - development fields reference. Currently you cannot search for commits linked to a specific repository, that information is not stored in those fields. You would have to use the Bitbucket REST API to get that information out. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @John Chesshir ,

Please find below documentation on on Advance searching - development reference.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/advanced-searching-development-fields-reference-973491363.html

Thanks,

Avinash

Suggest an answer