JQL condition calculating number of issues for a user

eXtensi Admin May 20, 2015

Hi,

I'm planing to limit the number of issues per user by adding a Condition ScriptRunner JQL Validator on a transition.

So the condition returns true all the time:

wip limit.png

Any idea how to construct the query?

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2015

Just a note, based on past experience - make sure your JQL conditions return only limited and relevant results (try limiting by issue type as well, for example). This is because this JQL will be made to all tickets in your DB, so may influence overall performance.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

Where you are typing the condition is for code... there is a JqlQueryCondition, but it is a condition, rather than a validator. Which means the user won't see the action at all. If you want a validator you will probably need a custom validator that runs that query. 

Does not sound like the best idea though, although I don't know what your process requires.

eXtensi Admin May 20, 2015

Yes that's a Validator, my mistake. As Jira doesn't provide a WIP limit per a user, I have to implement this somehow. And Yes this is our Kanban implementation based on the teams capacity so WIP Limit per person is crucial for us.

Suggest an answer