JQL computations / SQL queries

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2012

Is there a way to have the issues function (in short, JQL) in JIRA perform basic computations? I realize it's not a reporting tool, it's used to find and select issues - but I want, say, an indicator for which issues are significantly over their estimates. If it can't be done in JQL, can I run a SQL query instead?

In SQL, I believe that is

select issuekey from {somewhere} where

(timespent + timeestimate) > (1.2*timeoriginalestimate) and

(timespent + timeestimate) > 2

(I'm not sure what aggregatetimespent contains. A total of time spent across iterations, perhaps?)

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

There are no analytical functions in JQL... it's not possible. You could write your own JQL function to help you find issues that are 20% past their due date, or you could write a custom field that shows the %age past due date and query on that, but in terms of doing ad hoc analytical stuff, JQL is not the answer.

You can do it in SQL... maybe someone will have an example for that. aggregatetimespent IIRC is time spent including subtask time.

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2016

Not in Cloud, bit for JIRA server SQL for JIRA exactly does what you are asking for...

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014
0 votes
Filipe February 25, 2014

Hi,

Try if

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pt.lt.lfcribeiro.jira.jqlLTFunctions

Solves your problem, it has a executeQuery() JQL that lets you run SQL

Regards,

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014

Not availble in OnDemand.

Suggest an answer