JQL changes from 5.1 to 5.2?

Brent Pease November 27, 2012

Hi -

The following query used to return all issues except those closed with a resolution of "No Longer Relevant" or "Duplicate": "project = BLA and type = task and (resolution is empty or resolution not in ('No Longer Relevant', 'Duplicate')". However in 5.2 this search now only returns open issues.

I briefly tried a few other searches to work around this but my attempts either returned only Open issues or only Closed issues.

Can someone let me know what jql string will do this in 5.2?

Thanks!

Brent

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Query looks alright and worked for me in 5.2.1. A closing ')' is missing but I guess that is a typo in your question?

Yes, the query was working, I was not seeing all the results in the web site. I was actually issueing this JQL via rest API. It looks like the problem is the number of results returned in the search API call was reduced. If this is indeed the problem I can easily fix in my script. Thanks!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

Quite possible. I saw your other comment immediately after I posted the answer. Timing ;)

0 votes

Well, in continuing trying other searches it seems that this original one is now working again, wierd...

Suggest an answer