JQL WAS Operator

João Alves November 10, 2014

Im trying to search for all the issues assigned to an user, but no results are being returned and i cant figure out why.

My JQL is the following:

project = MYPROJECT and assignee was joaoalves

In the docs it says:

The "WAS" operator is used to find issues that currently have, or previously had, the specified value for the specified field. (Note: This operator can be used with the Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution and Status fields only.)

I have an issue assigned to the user joaoalves, but when i search with the JQL above no issues are returned.

But if run the following JQL the issue is returned:

project = MYPROJECT and assignee = joaoalves

Am i missing anything?

2 answers

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2014

Check what is the version of JIRA that you are using. Older versions did not had and when it was first introduced, it only worked for the Status field. smile

João Alves November 10, 2014

Hey Pedro, I just check the Jira Info by Choosing > System. Select Troubleshooting and Support > System Info. In the Jira Info Section it says that my version is: 6.4-OD-09-008, so i think that is not the problem.

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

I just tried a similar query in my instance and that works as expected, in the sense that the set returned by the WAS operator is larger than (or equal to) the set returned by the = operator. No idea what is going wrong in your case.

Suggest an answer