JQL Tricks Plugin - filterring issues

Vaclav Cverna November 7, 2012

Hi,

I have a problem with JQL Tricks Plugin when I am filtering issues.

I have issues and they are linked together. Some of them are in status "Closed" and some of them in status "In Progress". I need filter issue or issues which has linked issues with status "Closed". I am using this JQL syntax:

project = "xxx" AND issue in linkedIssuesHasStatus("Closed") - it does not work.

Does someone know correct syntax ?

Vaclav

7 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2012

Vaclav,

This should have worked. Can you please raise a support case at https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JQLT ?

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Try this out and see if that works better for you.

issue in linkedIssuesInQuery("project = xxx AND status = Closed")

If your xxx has spaces then enter the value using escaped quotes like

\"xxx\"

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2012

You can specify the link type, but it should be optional as I read the documentation.

Hi, it is near what I need. Thank you. But I need use this:

project = "xxx" AND issue in linkedIssuesHasStatus("Closed").

When I change status to "In Progress" than it's work! But it doesnt work with status "Closed". My boss has tried that too with same resolution = nothing appears.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2012

I am assuming does not work means no results. Is that true?

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2012

Hey,

From the plugin's documentations, it seems the syntax for this is "linkedIssuesHasStatus (status,[linkType]", so how about:

linkedIssuesHasStatus ("Closed","reletes to")

or

linkedIssuesHasStatus ("Closed","is related to")

Cheers!

Hi, I have tried that, but it doesn't work. In JIRA logs is error:
com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent filterFormParameters
WARNING: A servlet POST request, to the URI ..... /jira/rest/gadget/1.0/login, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.
Do you know what is it ?
0 votes

I have 3 issues x1,x2,x3.

x1 status = closed

x2 status = closed

x3 status = in plan

x1,x2,x3 are linked with "reletes to" so x1 relates to x2, x2 reletes to x3.

What I need is to filter issue which has linked issues with status "closed". In this case x3 should show.

When I use advanced search and place JQL question:

project = "xxx" AND issue in linkedIssuesHasStatus("Closed")

it doesn't work. I don't know if I am using wrong links (maybe x3 depents on x1,x2) or I should use different function or different JQL question.

Thank you for reply.

Vaclav

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2012

Hi Vaclav,

As far as I know, it's not really possible to find an issue based on the status of the linked issue. You can however find an issue based on which issue it is linked to.

Cheers,

Joe

I have 3 issues x1,x2,x3.

x1 status = closed

x2 status = closed

x3 status = in plan

x1,x2,x3 are linked with "reletes to" so x1 relates to x2, x2 reletes to x3.

What I need is to filter issue which has linked issues with status "closed". In this case x3 should show.

When I use advanced search and place JQL question:

project = "xxx" AND issue in linkedIssuesHasStatus("Closed")

it doesn't work. I don't know if I am using wrong links (maybe x3 depents on x1,x2) or I should use different function or different JQL question.

Thank you for reply.

Vaclav

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2012

Can you explain more about the links you are using and what is not working?

Suggest an answer