JQL Tricks Plugin - Does not work for half the functions

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

Hi

I am testing the JQL tricks plugin. and what i find is that majority of the functions when run does not return any results (search window simply displays that no issues found for this query).

Now i know for sure that the query would return results but they dont.

There are however a few functions which do work , which indicates that the plugin is installed correctly.

Has nay one else encountered such problems with the JQL Tricks plugin.

PS: I am on 6.1 jira and installed the latest compatible version of the plugin.

Rahul

6 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2014

I have seen this more than once and in every case this was because of the conflict with Script runner plugin. Both the plugins share the same name for some of the functions (like hasLinks) and it is not supported by JIRA yet.

At the end of the day, you will have to pick one or the other. You can disable selected functions from JQL Tricks and use those from Script runner or disable the JQL function module in Script runner and continue to use the other awesome features. It is a shame but I haven't found another way yet.

PS: If you have found other errors, don't hesitate to reach out to support at j-tricks dot com

0 votes
Ivan Donigevich October 17, 2014

Sorry, it works! Just forgot to refresh Issue Navigator page. Thanks!

0 votes
Ivan Donigevich October 17, 2014

Hi, I run into the same issue and opened a ticket with details here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/9868855/jqlt-plugin-not-all-enabled-functions-work I've tried to disable modules of Script Runner which seem to be related to JQL: - Scripted JQL Function - JQL Functions Customfield Type - JQL Functions Searcher - Display Functions Box (jql_functions) but in vain. Please advise.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

Try the script runner functions, eg: issueFunction in hasLinks('blocks')

I'm sure Jobin is right by the way... there is no need for a namespace clash really as the script runner functions are only application to the "issueFunction" pseudo-field.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla August 16, 2014

I have seen this more than once and in every case this was because of the conflict with Script runner plugin. Both the plugins share the same name for some of the functions (like hasLinks) and it is not supported by JIRA yet.

At the end of the day, you will have to pick one or the other. You can disable selected functions from JQL Tricks and use those from Script runner or disable the JQL function module in Script runner and continue to use the other awesome features. It is a shame but I haven't found another way yet.

PS: If you have found other errors, don't hesitate to reach out to support at j-tricks dot com

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2014

Your request is too general. It would be better to provide examples - that you have some function, you have such kind of issues, and you are trying to use it with the following query

Suggest an answer