JQL Since Last Date

JL January 30, 2013

Hi,

I am trying to make a JQL query that will show issues that I have worked on since the last of our status meetings. We have them every Monday and Thursday.

I am not sure how to epxress this in JQL though...the during() clause is where I'm stuck. Is there a way to do this? The functionality I want is below, but ideally, I don't want to hardcode the dates.

"(status CHANGED DURING("2013/1/28 11:00", "2013/1/31 10:00")) AND assignee=currentUser() ORDER BY created DESC, key DESC, summary DESC"

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

You can use something like this instead of hard coded dates.

status CHANGED after startOfWeek("+1d") before startOfWeek("+4d") AND assignee=currentUser() ORDER BY created DESC, key DESC, summary DESC

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013
JL January 30, 2013

That would be correct, if we only had weekly meetings. I'm not sure how to get the range to cycle between the two.

Basically, if it's past Monday, I would want CHANGED DURING(startOfWeek(), now()), but if its past Thursday, I would want CHANGED DURING (startOfWeek("+3d"), now()).

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

Create 2 filters. One after Monday before Thursday. Another after Thursday before end of week. Wouldn't that work?

JL January 30, 2013

I wanted to put this on our JIRA Dashboard -- that would mean I would have to change it twice a week, which is not much better than just setting the dates manually.

This basically requires a comparison operator, but it doesn't look like JQL allows for conditionals.

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 30, 2013

Pretty much. What I meant though is to create 2 gadgets and keep both of them in the dashboard without changing. One on the left and another on the right ;)

Suggest an answer