JQL Search by User Picker (multiple users)

Ligia Merciu September 15, 2015

Hi,

I have to create a filter for a gadget in dashboard that would return only issues that have the currentUser() among the users selected in a User Picker (multiple users).

I tried using somenthing like "... AND currentUser() in (<multiuserpicker_cf>)", but it Jql doesn't seem to accept this syntax.

I also tried to use something like "... AND <multiuserpicker_cf> ~ currentUser()", but the "~" operator doesn't work for customfields that are not of text types.

Have anyone any ideea about how this filter should be written in order to make it work?

Thanks,

Ligia

3 answers

0 votes
B_ Normann P_ Nielsen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

Any luck with that?

0 votes
Ligia Merciu September 15, 2015

Hi Taha,

I noticed that <multiuser_cf> = currentUser() works as well.

Thanks

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

Hi Ligia, 

Supported Function for currentUser() is EQUALS and NOT EQUALS operators, for IN and NOT IN operator you need to use memberOf(). 

Excerpt from advancing searching doc- https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/advanced-searching-179442050.html

Use <multiuserpicker_cf> = currentUser()

SUPPORTED FUNCTIONS

When used with the IN and NOT IN operators, this field supports:

• membersOf()

When used with the EQUALS and NOT EQUALS operators, this field supports:

• currentUser()

Taha

Suggest an answer