JQL Request : Join two requests

Deleted user June 12, 2017

Hi guys,

I have two JQL request :

1)              "project = "USER" AND issuetype in ("Add / Remove a Temporary Access", "Add / Remove an Access") AND component in ("Active Directory (User Access)","VPN Office","VPN Production") "

2)               "project = CTY AND status = "Application in Use" AND Authentication in ("AD + Centrify (SAML)","AD + LDAP")"

I want that the conditions on the component in the first request to be based on the result of my second request.

Unfortunately like Nic say in this topics https://community.atlassian.com/t5/JIRA-questions/JQL-request-Extract-Field-value-rather-than-Issues/qaq-p/148588   it s not possible to get only data with the JQL requests.

Any ideas on my problem ? 

Thanks for your answer.

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

Am I right that you are actually trying to filter out access requests for users only related to applications that are still actively being used?

I don't think this will ever work as you are trying to link things that are not related to one another. From what you are writing, you want to filter components based on issues from another project.

I know that I am heavily guessing here, but it seems you are managing your applications in a JIRA project. Which seems to suggest you have a lot of them. Have you considered using an asset management system instead (like Insight)? It would allow you to manage your applications by status as you would in a database and get a look at linked issues a lot easier.

Deleted user June 15, 2017

Thank you very much for your answer Walter, you guess well, I will have a look to Insight.

If someone has another idea don't hesitate :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events