JQL Question: Isssues created before 8am today and created after 5pm today?

Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2014

After 5pm today >> created >= endOfDay (-7h) ??

Before 8am today >> created <= startOfDay (8h) ??

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

with startofday:

After 5 pm: created > startofday("+17h")

before 8 am created < startofday("+8h")

or with endofday:

After 5 pm: created > endofday(-7h)

before 8 am created < endofday(-16h)

Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2014

Thanks @Udo Brand however you cannot use '+' character in the jql. Already tried that. At the moment I am using After 5pm today >> created >= endOfDay (-7h) Before 8am today >> created <= startOfDay (8h)

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2014

You can use '+' but you need to put it in quotes, see my examples. However, what you are currently using works also. But does it make sense? Are you trying to find issues that where entered during non office hours?

Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2014

Ah makes sense. Thanks mate! :) Yeah I am trying to find all the issues that are created during office hours and outside office hours. :)

Suggest an answer