JQL Query to exclude certain Epics

Deshnee December 3, 2020

Good day 

We have introduced an initiative level and now we would liek to pull that specific initiative number bu exclude some epics that are linked a childhran.

The following is not workign for us

Hi, I would like to use the following operator "!=" or "not in" for my jquery to exclude Epics that are linked to a specific "initiative"

regards 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Can you provide your exact JQL?

I would think you could use the following.

...AND issuekey not in (a,b,c) or “epic link” not in (a,b,c) 

The first part covers the actual epic issue keys and the second covers the issues that are part of those Epics. 

Deshnee December 3, 2020

Thank you Jack , I am awaiting the users exact JQL.

So they are trying to exclude Epics that are part of an Initiative. The Initiative is the parent of the epic and used the field Parent link that came with Advanced Roadmaps.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2020

Understand, I don’t use initiatives so things certainly may be different here but I can’t help but hope it is achievable. I have access to a premium test system so may try to play with it later today. 

Suggest an answer