JQL Query for searching issues that are assigned to the reporter

Steffen Breitbach September 26, 2012

Hi there!

I'd like to search for all issues that cirrently are assigned to their reporters, but I'm not able to find out how to do this in JQL. As it seems, Jira wants to resolve what is right of the operator as a user name rahter than another field value (thus giving something like "The value 'assignee' does not exist for the field 'reporter'." as a result).

How to solve this one?

Thanks in advance
Steffen

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

There is a hasSameValues function in JQL Tricks Plugin which can do this. But believe me, I wouldn't use this in a dashabord because the performance won't be that great.

It will be very handy if you want to just get a report or something by running this JQL. The function works for quite a lot of fields as long as they are comparable and the performance varies depending up on the fields.

Evaluating the plugin is a good idea. And yes, it is commercial.

Steffen Breitbach September 26, 2012

Hi Jobin,

this sounds like a good idea. I'll have to check, maybe this plugin already is installed in our environment.

I'd use it only for reporting, once a week or so.

Thanks you!

Steffen

Steffen Breitbach September 27, 2012

JQL Tricks literally did the trick \o/

Thanks again, much apprechiated!

Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

I cant get issue in hasSameValues("assignee", "reporter") to work even if there is really a ticket which is assigned to its reporter.

2 votes
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2012

I have done many attempts to execute this query on JQL and didn't succed. I've read some of the documentation about JQL an didn't find a way to run this query either.

I believe this happens because both "assignee" and "reporter" require a value to be compared.

But anyways, you can easily run this query with the SQL or MYSQL command line:

SELECT * FROM jiraissue WHERE assignee = reporter;

I Hope I have helped.

Suggest an answer