JQL Query: Is there a way to query the following in JQL?

Daisy July 28, 2016

Per Epic
Total number of issues (completed/not completed)--- no. of hours used to complete per Issue (per Epic total) – Issues/hours that were underestimated/overestimated -- planned/unplanned Issues and hours breakdown (%) etc. –

I tried the following and couldn't make it work as there is a limitation in using variables in JQL. Please let me know.

project = <MY_PROJECT> AND status in (Open, "In Progress",Resolved, Done) AND remainingEstimate != originalEstimate ORDER BY "Epic Name"

ERROR : The value 'originalEstimate' for field 'remainingEstimate' is invalid. Please specify a positive duration format; for example: '1h 30m', '2d'.

Based on the error, I see the remainingEstimate and originalEstimate must be mentioned as variables inorder for the get the values for the respective variables. I couldn't get lucky using variables using $ or another expression.

Note : Above query is incomplete, as the syntax error didn't let me to write filters for remaining metrics to proceed further

2 answers

2 votes
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2016

You can't compare fields in JQL like that - if you have Script Runner use the expression function.

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2016

SQL for JIRA also supports comparisons based on regular and custom fields among any other JIRA data. Example:

select i.key
from issues i
where JQL=' project = &lt;MY_PROJECT&gt; AND status in (Open, "In Progress",Resolved, Done) ORDER BY "Epic Name" ' 
and i.originalestimate = i.remainingestimate

Then convert back the SQL above into a JIRA JQL:

issue in sql("<the SQL for JIRA query above>")

Suggest an answer