JQL Query All Issues with Status NEW from last Friday 11:00 until Current Time.

Elad Dolev October 10, 2017

New To Jira (Version 7.5.0) and so far managed to set up alone all my needed Filters. I need to have a Filter of all Issues with Status=New that have been created AFTER last Friday 11:00 and even though I read endless Questions I could not find the exact syntex of the Date/Time Query for that. Any Ideas? I want to understand the Logic behind so if necessary I can easily Edit the Filter to show for example Issues since Friday 2 Weeks ago

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2017

It should be yyyy/MM/dd HH:mm

So "Status = New and Created > 2017/10/06 11:00" should do it

Thanks. I actuall got it to work like that:

project = XXX AND issuetype = Bug AND status = New AND affectedVersion = v4.0 AND created >= "2017-10-06 11:00" AND created <= "2017-10-10 11:00" ORDER BY created DESC

However, I am looking for a deeper solution that would show me :

"AND created >=last Friday" 

Thus not by Date, rather last Friday or Sunday, ect.

Hope I explain it right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2017

I thought it might be a bit more dynamic, but didn't want to overload you!

Replace the date clause with

created > endOfWeek(-2d)

To get to "Last Friday" (the end of week varies by timezone, you may need to adjust that). 

What I've not tried here is if you could combine it with (-2d -13h) to go back to 11am.

Thanks. It works with:

created >= endOfWeek(-9d)  AND created <= now()

I will try to figure out the 11:00 issue :)

Suggest an answer