JQL Queries for Identifying status of subtasks within a feature

Manoj December 3, 2014

I have a set of New features with Design sub tasks, namely, Design Analysis and Design Review. I would want to know whether there are any design review tasks open for those features whose design analysis tasks are closed. Can a JQL query help me identify this for a large set of new features?

The query should first check whether the status of Design analysis is closed, and then check the status of Design review. 

Help Appreciated !

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

Peter is close but the first part will not work since Design Analysis is a subtask.

You need two filters

Filter1

issueFunction in ParentsOf("issuetype = 'Design Analysis' and status =closed")

Filter2

issueFunction in subtasksOf("Filter = filter1") AND issuetype = "Design Review" AND status != closed

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

Using the issueFunction JQL function that comes with Script Runner you can do the following:

issueFunction in subtasksOf("issuetype = 'Design Analysis' and status =closed") AND issuetype = "Design Review" AND status != closed

Let me know how it goes

Suggest an answer