JQL QUERY

marie.mitchell January 30, 2020

Hello,

I have set up a filter to see all bugs relating to my project board. I have then added a label so that i can add priorities to these bug tickets. Next i have added the label priority as a quick filter so i can easily see/filter on the board all the bugs that are labelled according to the priority.

So my question is, what is the query i need to pull that data in please?

Thank you!
Marie

2 answers

0 votes
Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Hi @marie.mitchell 

I am just curious, why can't we use Jira in-built priority field here? What's the need to use Lable field?

marie.mitchell January 30, 2020

Hi @Veera @Ollie Guan ,

Yes I can use the existing priority filter - it doesn't need to be a label.

Because i'm new to queries I just wanted to test using a label to see if it returns only the tickets i have tagged as part of the test (we have a huge amount of tickets already using the prioritised function).

Once i know the structure of the query i can edit for label or priority.

Thanks!

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2020

Hi @marie.mitchell 

Since your requirement is to pull all the bugs on to a board, you may use below JQL in the board filter.

project = "Project Name" and issuetype = Bug

Then you want to have quick filters on the board using label for the priority. So, you can create quick filters as shown in the below screenshot.

Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 8.58.20 am.png

I would not recommend this approach as a bug can have multiple labels in it. e.g., User can add 'low' and 'high' labels to the same bug.

With this the quick filter will show the ticket as 'low' priority based on the order of the quick filters defined on the board.

Like mohithb likes this
marie.mitchell January 31, 2020

Hi @Veera ,

Yes i had already set up the initial filter, the one i am looking for is to dig 1 level deeper - so within that bug query, how can i pull out tickets relating to specific labels.

Thanks

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

Hi @marie.mitchell ,

Do you customize many different labels to reflect priorities? E.g

Label A: High

Label B: Medium

Label C: Low

Or do you use system field priorities?

Suggest an answer