JQL: Order by workflow transition time/date

Adam White December 9, 2013

I am almost positive this is not possible, but thought I would ask.

We want to order by when something went into the 'Ready for Build' status specifically. All I could come up with was:

assignee was currentUser() and status changed to "Ready for Build" order by updatedDate

This obviously is not that helpful since it orders by updatedDate, not when it went to ready for build.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Ert Dredge October 27, 2015

I used a solution similar to @Yew Teck En's suggestion and that works well.  The drawback is that I'm looking for the first time this transition happened, and it gets re-written if the transition re-occurs, but it does 95% of what I need.

Without changing workflows, you can sometimes accomplish what you want with a WAS clause and DURING predicate using a relative time specification, if you're satisfied with a window of time where the transition occurred and don't need the ordering.

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2013

Perhaps add a date time field named "Build Date", then use Update Issue Custom Field post function in "Ready for Build" transition to update the field with current date time. Then you can sort the date using the date field.

I guess thsi can be another workaround for you. :)

Suggest an answer