JQL: Number of open issue at a point in the past

Pepe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2012

I'm racking my brain to figure out how to figure out the number of issues that were open at some point in the past. I'd like to get it thru JQL but can also get it programatically if need be. It seems like I should be able to by diffing two filters or something like that but nothing has worked out. Anyone have some pointers?

2 answers

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2012

JQL does not have a count function but you can query the issues and look at the number of issues returned

Use the statement below if only one closed state

status WAS NOT 'CLOSED' BEFORE "date"

Use the statement below if you want particular states

status WAS IN ("status1, "status2,) BEFORE "date"

You can replace BEFORE clause with a DURING clause for a time period

DURING ("datestart", "dateend")

status WAS 'Open' DURING ( date1, date2)

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2012

status WAS "Open" AND (created >= <your date range> and created <= <your date range>)

Suggest an answer