JQL Filter Help

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

Hello

I have a custom field "Target Date" (JIRA Date Time type custom field)

I want to create a filter using which I can identify all issues for which target date is < 30 days from current date. (Issues targetted for next 1 month)

status != Closed AND "Target Date" < endOfDay("+30d")

When this filter runs I get issues with Target date 20/Sep/12 which is past date. I want only those issues from today to next 30 days as target date.

I was reading https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching and following

due < endOfDay("+1") which finds issues due by the end of tomorrow, somehow I understood this wrong.
Can you please tell me where I went wrong.
Thanks
Abe

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

Try

status != Closed AND ("Target Date" &gt;= now() AND "Target Date" &lt; +30d)

If you just do "Target Date" < +30d, you will also get issues where target date is in the past.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2012

You could try include due > now() and see if this helps.

Suggest an answer