JQL CHANGED Operator Returns First Occurance, Not Latest Occurance

MikeD December 16, 2014

I'm trying to write a JQL that checks for any issues that moved to a particular status prior to 90 days ago. In other words, issues that have been sitting in this particular status for more than 90 days. I found the CHANGED operator to work great except for when an issue moved to that status more than once. It appears that the CHANGED gets the first time, not that last time. I was wondering if there was any way to query to get the last time it moved to a status.

changed to planned before -90d  #right now it compares to the first time an issue went to planned, not the last time.

2 answers

2 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2014

It will get all changed event (not only the first). You need

status changed to planned before -90d and not status changed after -90d

that will give you issue which went to planned before 90 days and didn't changed the status since then.

Alfonso Balsera April 10, 2020

This is the right answer, thank you, you saved my automation! "updated" in jql is not restricted to ONLY status, Abhi reply will probably not work unless the entire issue is not updated for 90 days, not just the status. 

0 votes
Abhi Vaishnav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2014

Hey Michael, 

If I understand correctly, you care about an issue that is in status = x and hasn't been updated in 90 days. Is that correct? If yes, try this: status = <status you want> AND updated > -90d

This would give you all the issues that are in the status you are looking for and not updated in the past 90 days. 

Suggest an answer