JOD -- Placing a project (client) on Hold so tickets cannot be created

Jacqy George May 27, 2014

I am using Jira On Demand to run a service/help desk (I do not have the new Service Desk add-on). Is there any workaround or configuration I can set up in my existing instance that would allow me to flag a Project (Client) as being on Hold. The end result I'm looking for is to not allow ticket creation for clients/projects in this state. Please advise if you have any ideas. Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2014

Create a new permission scheme that has "Create issue: <no one>" and apply it to the project. It's not a particularly visible flag, you just won't be able to create anything. I'd scan through the rest of the permissions too.

It has an instant effect and is really easy to change back.

Jacqy George June 18, 2014

Any other ideas? This will work -- but the client may be confused and just think JIRA isn't working. I'd like a flag in addition to this. Thank you for your help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2014

Other stuff I'd probably do if I started getting complaints about not being able to create in an inactive project:

• Change the project description
  • Move the project from its current category to a new one called "inactive"
  • Change the project name (So if you've got project "Dancing Badgers", you display the short name everywhere as "Inactive Dancing Badgers")

Suggest an answer