Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JMWE post-function create/close issue

Hi,guys!

I need some help with the case.
I tried to implement post - function by JMWE (v 6.4.0) add-on in Jira Software Server (v.8.5.12) and bumped into some confused situation.
Use case.
Post-function should create multiple issue for diffrent Assignee based on values from Approvers - customfield (multi user picker field)

Result

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields.
If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.

Transition (without validator)

validator.PNG

Post-function looks like so

pf username.PNG

Logs 

logs.PNG

Somebody have any suggestions where is my mistake ? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @bedovyi_a_fvolchek_com ,

you just need to update your Iterator script to:

issue.get("customfield_15002")

This will return a list of ApplicationUser objects, which is how Jira represents users internally.

@David Fischer _Innovalog_  thank for reply 

I tried in different way.

When i did iterator without username the result return the same problem 

I reproduce the error and sent logs file in request that i did 

Снимок.PNG

Hi @Aleks ,

I see two problems in the configuration:

1. to avoid errors when the Approvers field is empty, use this iterator script:

issue.get("customfield_15002") ?: []

2. For the Assignee field, either choose the "Set field value to Groovy Expression" option and use this value:

it

or with the "Set field value to Constant or Groovy template" option, use this value:

$it.name
Like bedovyi_a_fvolchek_com likes this

Hi @bedovyi_a_fvolchek_com ,

We see you have raised a request for this issue in our Innovalog customer support portal : https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/8/SJMWE-2558.

Please share with us the below information, as requested in the support ticket : 

1. If you have added this post-function on the Create transition, then can you verify if the target issuetype also uses the same workflow - which can create an infinite loop?
  2. Could you provide us the screenshot of validators,post-functions of this transition and create transition of the target issue?
  3. Also, can you share the full error as found in the Jira logs? Please refer to https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWE/pages/139691984/Troubleshooting+and+support+for+Jira+Misc+Workflow+Extensions#3.-Using-the-atlassian-jira.log-file for help identifying the error in the logs.

Thanks,

Suprija

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you