JMWE post-function create/close issue

bedovyi_a_fvolchek_com March 31, 2021

Hi,guys!

I need some help with the case.
I tried to implement post - function by JMWE (v 6.4.0) add-on in Jira Software Server (v.8.5.12) and bumped into some confused situation.
Use case.
Post-function should create multiple issue for diffrent Assignee based on values from Approvers - customfield (multi user picker field)

Result

We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields.
If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file.

Transition (without validator)

validator.PNG

Post-function looks like so

pf username.PNG

Logs 

logs.PNG

Somebody have any suggestions where is my mistake ? 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

Hi @bedovyi_a_fvolchek_com ,

you just need to update your Iterator script to:

issue.get("customfield_15002")

This will return a list of ApplicationUser objects, which is how Jira represents users internally.

Aleks April 1, 2021

@David Fischer  thank for reply 

I tried in different way.

When i did iterator without username the result return the same problem 

I reproduce the error and sent logs file in request that i did 

Снимок.PNG

David Fischer
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2021

Hi @Aleks ,

I see two problems in the configuration:

1. to avoid errors when the Approvers field is empty, use this iterator script:

issue.get("customfield_15002") ?: []

2. For the Assignee field, either choose the "Set field value to Groovy Expression" option and use this value:

it

or with the "Set field value to Constant or Groovy template" option, use this value:

$it.name
Like bedovyi_a_fvolchek_com likes this
0 votes
Suprija Sirikonda _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2021

Hi @bedovyi_a_fvolchek_com ,

We see you have raised a request for this issue in our Innovalog customer support portal : https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/8/SJMWE-2558.

Please share with us the below information, as requested in the support ticket : 

1. If you have added this post-function on the Create transition, then can you verify if the target issuetype also uses the same workflow - which can create an infinite loop?
  2. Could you provide us the screenshot of validators,post-functions of this transition and create transition of the target issue?
  3. Also, can you share the full error as found in the Jira logs? Please refer to https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JMWE/pages/139691984/Troubleshooting+and+support+for+Jira+Misc+Workflow+Extensions#3.-Using-the-atlassian-jira.log-file for help identifying the error in the logs.

Thanks,

Suprija

Suggest an answer