JMWE Transition Issue on Custom Field

Jack Harrison March 15, 2017

Hey,

I am trying figure out how to transition an issue using a custom field, the custom field is a Select List (single choice) named "Branch". I am not sure where I am going wrong and after reading the documentation I am still lost. All I have so far is {{ issue.fields.branch == "Trunk" }}, this field is also normally empty, it is defined in the same transition as this post function is running I am not sure if that matters or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

Hi Jack,

as documented here, since your custom field is a Select List field (single choice), the field value is actually an object, of which you want to access the "value" field:

{{ issue.fields.Branch.value == "Trunk" }}

(I also put an uppercase B in the field name since that's what you wrote in your question)

Jack Harrison March 16, 2017

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your response it worked like a charm smile. I must have somehow missed that part of the doc, I have bookmarked it now.

Thanks for your help.

Jack

Suggest an answer