JMWE Scripted Groovy condition not working

Megan Ferguson April 26, 2021

I created a transition condition to check the current user against the values in a custom multi-select user field called Implementers. I expected the transition to be visible to the user if the script returns true and not visible if it returns false.  When I test the script, I am getting the boolean value as expected but when I publish the workflow, the user never sees the transition.  Does anyone have any advice on how to make this work? This is the code I used:

issue.get("Implementer(s)").any{
   it.getName() == currentUser.getName()}

This is my first time scripting a transition condition so not sure if I am missing something. I don't have any other conditions set for this transition.

1 answer

0 votes
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2021

What you described seems totally correct to me. I would advise to add a log message in the Closure so that you can see in the Jira Logs what element of the list is making the condition true. I would recommend rolling over Jira Logs before accessing the issue. Jira will automatically call the condition and display the condition log message. 

Moreover what jira and JMWE versions are you using? 

Suggest an answer